Thursday 2 June 2011

The Kind of Employer I will be

Being a employer comes with responsibilities, both to the organization in it’s growth, and to it’s employees.
I decided to write down ten rules for myself to observe as i become the leader of my staff. We currently employ some 15 full timers, and with more expected to join us, I decided to write them down to remind what they can expect of me.





The code of conduct are as follows.
  1. I will be fair and assess people objectively based on their output, not by favoritism.
  2. I will delegate effectively to the employees, with clear set of procedures, principles, and instructions.
  3. I will maintain the vitality, energy, and thrust of the company, making the charity a exciting, forward moving, and interesting place to work in.
  4. I will try to maximize surplus and cut unnecessary cost, so that maximum benefits can be given to staff for remuneration and benefits.
  5. I will recruit people of the highest quality, to build the kindest and most talented team of people in the industry.
  6. I will give opportunities to every employee, the platforms to shine, training to achieve, and resource to succeed. 
  7. I will lead the office with kindness, principles, and with ethics.
  8. I will plan our policy, vision, and strategy, far into the future, so as to always be ahead of the curve, and to best that we can be.
  9. I will try to win the confidence of every beneficiary, staff, donor, partner, by assuring them of our reliability and quality of service.
  10. I will make firm decisions without cowardice, despite it being difficult, in moving our office towards the vision and mission it is set out to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment